Preparation : 15 minutes
Rising : 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking : 40 minutes
Servings : 10 thick slices
- 500 ml (2 cups) lukewarm water, divided
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) instant yeast
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
- 35 g psyllium husks
- 500 g (3 cups) Berhan Teff Flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
- Fill a measuring cup with 250 ml of lukewarm water. Stir in the yeast and sugar. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- In another 500 ml measuring cup, put 1 cup of lukewarm water and the psyllium. Mix and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix with the dough hook.
- Incorporate the yeast and psyllium mixture into the flour. Mix until you get a smooth texture.
- Place the dough in a large bowl. Cover with a clean damp cloth. Let the dough rise for 1.5 hours in the oven off with the bulb on.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Place a pyrex or aluminum container filled with water in the oven.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, then gently shape it into a roll shape. Place the dough in a buttered loaf pan or in a 20 x 10 cm (8 x 4 in) silicone loaf pan.
- Bake the bread in the oven on the lower rack for about 40 minutes.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Calories 183 kcal
Fats : 1 g
Carbohydrates : 40 g
Fibres : 8 g
Proteins : 10 g
Sodium : 241 mg