100 % Teff Pancakes
Teff flour makes perfect, ‘not too fluffy but not too dense’ pancakes! As the only flour in this recipe, just one cup of teff works wonders for your health and your taste buds as well!
Prep time:5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
Yields 4 servings or 12 pancakes (depending on size)
1 cup teff flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1½ to 1¾ cups buttermilk
1 large egg
3 tbsp butter, melted
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix teff flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk butter, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir in wet ingredients into the large dry ingredient bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat a lightly buttered pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Flip when you see air bubbles form and break on top. Once browned on both sides, remove and repeat the process for the rest of the batter, and serve.