100% Teff Waffles
Who said waffles couldn’t be made with 100% teff flour? Both crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, these light gluten-free and egg-less waffles will fill you up!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
Yields 6 servings
2 cups teff flour
2 2/3 cups buttermilk
½ cup butter, melted
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease waffle iron and pre-heat according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Mix teff flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk butter, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir in wet ingredients into the large dry ingredient bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook until edges are crisp and browned. It should take about 5-10 minutes, depending on the waffle iron. Remove waffle once cooked and serve. repeat with remaining batter.