Gluten-Free Teff Muffins
Gluten-Free Teff Oatmeal Muffins
Prep time: 40 minutes Bake time: 25 minutes Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1 cup teff flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
1 cup rolled oats (preferably gluten-free)
½ cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted (1 stick or ¼ block)
2 large eggs (whisked)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
½ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup nuts (your choice), coarsely chopped
- Prepare muffin tin by lightly greasing with oil or non-stick spray (we used avocado oil). Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Whisk eggs, butter, vanilla, and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk teff, buckwheat, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl until dough forms. Fold in oats, and optional ingredients.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, each cup to just under the brim.