Teff Banana Bread
Teff’s ability to work in almost any baked good is amazing! Teff and buckwheat are gluten-free flours that pair well together to form a nutty and light and egg-less banana bread!
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time:50 minutes Total time:1 hour
Yields 1 loaf
1 cup teff flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
3 large very ripe bananas
2/3 cup buttermilk
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. butter loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Peel the bananas and using a fork, mash them into the bowl. Whisk or stir until combined.
- Mix teff flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Fold in any optional toppings, such as nuts or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Let loaf cool before slicing and serving.